Robin is a Partner of McGrathNicol Forensic and specialises in forensic and regulatory investigations, anti-bribery and fraud risk management advisory.
Robin has over 20 years investigative and consulting experience including as a Director with a ‘Big 4’ firm where Robin was the National Head of Forensic Investigation Services for Australia. He was also a member of that firm’s Global Investigation’s Steering Committee.
Robin has experience in several jurisdictions including Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Africa and has led several high-risk and high-profile public matters. Robin has given formal evidence in criminal and civil proceedings and has appeared before the Australian Parliament’s Joint Committee of Public Accounts and Audit (JCPAA).
Robin is responsible for leading proactive and reactive Forensic solutions and advising clients in all sectors facing a broad range of regulatory, risk and compliance issues. Examples of this experience are summarised below:
- Led financial misstatement fraud investigations relating to revenue recognition irregularities on behalf of ASX companies.
- Engaged by a superannuation fund to lead a high-profile investigation into privacy beaches. This engagement included assisting the fund with its obligations to respond to a Royal Commission of enquiry.
- Led an anti-bribery and corruption review on behalf of a USA based pharmaceutical company concerned with financial crime exposure, and with breaches of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and local bribery regulation.
- Led several investigations into allegations of misappropriated, misused or incorrectly applied government funding.
- Engaged by the Fair Work Commission (formerly FWA) to lead a high-profile review of the regulator’s internal investigations into allegations of financial mismanagement and fraud against a trade union.
- Led numerous investigations and reviews of anti-bribery and corruption frameworks, including for a subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of Australia and a listed mining entity.
- Led an investigation which included allegations of proceeds of crime and money laundering offences in relation to submission of fraudulent health insurance claims on behalf of a prosecuting authority.
- Led numerous engagements with the objective to critically examine and redesign the proactive fraud risk management, integrity frameworks and anti-bribery protocols for clients in in various lines of business.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Honours Bachelor of Accounting Science (B. Compt Honours)
- Certificate III in investigations
- Member, Institute of Professional Investigators in Australia