Alan is a restructuring and insolvency expert with extensive experience in formal insolvency appointments. Throughout his career he has worked with Government, financial regulators, industry guarantors, industry representatives, loan syndications and securitisations.
Examples of high profile receivership engagements include Watkins New Zealand Group, Levene & Co, Palmers Garden Centres, Weddel New Zealand and Fortex Group. Alan has worked with organisations across a broad range of industries including agriculture, primary sector, property, finance, insurance, manufacturing, retail, distribution, healthcare, automotive, aviation, infrastructure, forestry, transport, sport and education.
He also currently undertakes a number of board and governance roles in New Zealand.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Fellow, CA ANZ
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Chartered Fellow, Institute of Directors in New Zealand
- Companion, New Zealand order of Merit
- Bachelor of Commerce and Administration, Wellington
- Chairman, Audit and Risk Committee, Skellerup Holdings Limited
- Chairman, Audit and Risk Committee, Oceania Healthcare Limited
- Chairman, Audit and Risk Committee, Scales Corporation Limited
- Chairman, New Zealand Community Trust
- Chairman, Audit and Risk Committee, Wellington Free Ambulance
- Vice President, Institute of Directors in New Zealand