Technology expert specialising in cybersecurity, privacy, digital forensics and technology-led investigations.
Darren specialises in advising businesses on both proactive and reactive uses of technology in the areas of cybersecurity, privacy, digital forensics and technology-led investigations.
Darren is a highly respected, qualified investigator and forensic technology expert with more than 20 years of specialist forensic experience and more than five years as a foundation member of the Forensic Computer Examination Unit with the Queensland Police. Held in high regard by attorneys and the courts, he has undertaken complex computer forensic examinations for both criminal and civil litigation in Australia and overseas.
He works regularly with boards, executives and senior business leaders in organisations of every size to consider and set technology strategies for cyber, privacy, data protection and information risk management. His extensive experience spans across a wide range of industries, including business services, construction, entertainment, financial services, government, healthcare, insurance, leisure, manufacturing, retail and technology.
He also regularly applies his digital forensic and investigative expertise to help resolve time-critical and highly sensitive issues as they arise. These matters range from large-scale data breaches or theft, through to employee misconduct or intellectual property matters.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Bachelor of Information Technology, Griffith University
- Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), International Society of Forensic Computer Examiners
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Certificate III Investigative Services (AIPS)
- Affiliate, CA ANZ
- A+ certification, CompTIA certification program
- Queensland Private Investigator licence – Security Providers Act 1993
- Highly Protected Security Clearance