Provides expert advice to clients, their legal advisers and the courts on contentious business, finance and accounting matters.
Matthew is a highly regarded forensic expert who helps clients and the courts to resolve contentious business situations arising from disputes, financial crime, employment, contractual and regulatory compliance issues. He specialises in dispute advisory, including expert witness and consulting expert roles, investigations and business valuations.
Matthew is part of a select group of professionals accredited by Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) as a specialist in both forensic accounting (CA FA Specialist) and business valuation (CA BV Specialist). He has been the Queensland forensic accounting chair at CA ANZ since 2016 and was a member of CA ANZ’s Queensland Public Practice Panel from 2016 to 2018.
He has provided commercial advice to public sector and private sector clients in relation to infrastructure and other projects, through project evaluation, procurement options analysis, financial analysis and modelling, risk analysis and preparation of business cases.
Prior to joining McGrathNicol, Matthew led the Queensland forensic accounting practice of another chartered accounting firm and has previously worked in the forensic accounting, corporate finance and corporate recovery practices of a ‘Big 4’ firm, based in Brisbane and Perth.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Bachelor of Commerce, The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws, The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting, CA ANZ
- Certificate IV – Government (Investigations), SIPS
- Certificate III – Investigative Services, Sydney Institute of Professional Studies (SIPS)
- Member, CA ANZ
- Forensic Accounting Specialist, CA ANZ
- Business Valuation Specialist, CA ANZ
- Queensland Forensic Accounting Chair, CA ANZ (2016-Present)
- Member, Queensland Public Practice Panel, CA ANZ (2016-2018)