Mike specialises in dispute advisory, forensic investigations and business reviews. Having worked as a Chartered Accountant for more than 20 years, Mike has extensive experience in the preparation of expert reports as part of legal proceedings and conducting investigations on behalf of government, financiers and private sector clients. He has also undertaken insolvency assignments, performed viability assessments, business case reviews and financial modelling.
Mike has worked across a wide range of industry sectors, including financial services, resources, construction, government, retail, manufacturing and superannuation. As a respected expert in the field, he has given evidence in a range of Australian Supreme Courts as well as the Federal Court.
He has acted as an independent or consulting expert on a variety of matters, including on a regulatory investigation and subsequent class action brought in relation to alleged breaches of the continuous disclosure regime by a major Australian construction group, and has prepared independent expert reports dealing with the quantification of loss and other matters for a variety of organisations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, CA ANZ
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Law, University of New South Wales
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance, Securities Institute (now FINSIA)
- Certificate III – Investigative Services
- Certificate IV – Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Registered Liquidator
- Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Finance Audit & Risk Committee for Foodbank Queensland