Dave specialises in providing expert cyber-security strategy and risk management advice. He has over 25 years of experience securing organisations from advanced persistent threats, managing blue and red security teams and enhancing the resilience of Federal Government agencies and commercial organisations.
Dave is an experienced cyber-security program manager and information systems assessor. He excels in bringing together multi-disciplinary teams to effectively translate strategies into tangible business outcomes. He is experienced in risk management, strategic thinking and dealing with complex problems in uncertain environments.
Dave is a long-term member of the Information Security Registered Assessors Program and has delivered training as a subject matter expert on behalf of the Australian Signals Directorate and the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre. He is an Associate Professor in Cyber-Security, with a Doctorate in Computer Science, a Project Management Professional, and a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Dave has led various successful software development and engineering teams to build custom solutions as well as providing security outcomes with blue and red teams. Dave’s roles have included stakeholder management on enterprise transformation projects, co-ordination of Defence and Federal government accreditations, incident response, and implementation of security controls and solutions. This has included case management, monitoring and detection, vulnerability management, scanning, penetration testing, security orchestration, and cyber threat intelligence solutions. Dave has worked with European, United States, United Kingdom and Australian government representatives.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Australian Signals Directorate endorsed Information Security Registered Assessors Program professional
- ISO 27001 Senior Lead Auditor
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, ISC2
- Certified Information Systems Auditor, ISACA
- Project Management Professional, PMI
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Enterprise Fellow and Associate Professor in Cyber-Security, University of South Australia
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Computer Science (Cyber Security), UNSW
- Masters of Information Systems Management, Swinburne University
- Masters of Management, UNSW
- Graduate Diploma of Adult Education, UNE
- Certificate IV in Government Procurement and Contracting
- PRojects IN Controlled Environments (PRINCE2) Practitioner
- Joint Information Operations Planning Course, US DoD
- ScrumMaster, Scrum Alliance
- Joint Logistics Planning, Australian Defence Force
- Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies v5 Foundation
- Top Secret (NV2) Security Clearance