William is a Founding Partner of McGrathNicol New Zealand and has extensive experience in restructuring and insolvency services across businesses in New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
Over the last 30 years he has worked across a wide range of industries including financial services, telecommunications, retail, manufacturing, mining, timber processing, commodity broking, automotive, hospitality, aquaculture, construction, property and tertiary education. In addition to formal insolvency appointments he has undertaken numerous independent business reviews for companies ranging in size from SME to major listed corporates.
William regularly provides expert evidence as instructed by various New Zealand law firms, including acting as an expert witness in High Court proceedings.
QUALIFICATIONS and MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, CA ANZ
- Life Member, RITANZ
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner, CA ANZ
- Member, Institute of Directors in New Zealand
- Member, South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Fellow, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Past Chairman of INSOL, New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Cape Town
- Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting, University of Cape Town