Manage the challenges and opportunities of digital assets and cryptocurrencies.
Digital assets and cryptocurrency adoption continues to increase on a global scale, creating unique challenges, risks and opportunities for individuals, investors and businesses. Although once thought to be anonymous, digital assets and cryptocurrency transactions can be more traceable than traditional asset and funds tracing due to the underlying blockchain technology. Our accredited Digital Asset experts use proven asset tracing methodologies, forensic accounting, and the support of our strategic partner Chainalysis, the global blockchain analysis firm, to assist clients to:
- Uncover corrupt, illegal or unethical behaviour funded by digital assets that impact organisations in Australia or overseas;
- Expand traditional asset and fund tracing methods to incorporate digital asset and cryptocurrency tracing technology to support recovery or litigation actions;
- Identify and trace instances where individuals or entities hide or misappropriate wealth in the form of digital assets and cryptocurrencies, through general financial crime, embezzlement, false bankruptcy or insolvency claims;
- Conduct enhanced due diligence processes when vetting ownership of digital assets, with immediate visibility into disclosed payments, holdings or high-risk counterparties;
- Identify and attribute cybercrime threat actors, monitor digital asset movements in real-time and work with law enforcement to assist with the seizure and recovery of funds;
- Recreate transaction histories and report the facts, enabling clients to make informed decisions;
- Understand and enhance their cyber security, risk and compliance requirements with a particular emphasis on cryptocurrency focused organisations; and
- Provide detailed and actionable forensic reports for lawyers, regulators and law enforcement.