Identify key transaction risks and value drivers before you sell or buy.
Whether buying or selling a business due diligence is a critical process that allows you to resolve any issues before they become roadblocks to a successful transaction. Knowing what the potential red flags are early in the process gives you the chance to get ahead of the problem and find a solution. Due diligence also ensures you have a clear vision of what lies ahead in the transaction process.
Our team uses a balanced financial, commercial and cash-focused approach to due diligence, which looks to highlight key transaction risks and value drivers, and identify how to mitigate issues.
We work with you from the initial scoping to ensure key deal sensitivities are the priority, identifying and evaluating issues that may impact purchase price. To ensure transparency, we communicate ongoing findings with you throughout the due diligence process. This enables you to refine your deal assessment throughout the process, develop risk mitigations strategies and raise material items in contract and price negotiations.
Most importantly, we cut through complex information to identify key issues quickly so that you can make informed, confident decisions. Our commitment to the hands-on involvement of senior, experienced professionals in the engagement team gives you a competitive edge and assurance around the integrity of the numbers.
Our due diligence reporting helps clients assess:
- quality and sustainable revenue, earnings and cash flows;
- business drivers and trends in profitability;
- forecast processes and underlying assumptions;
- post-acquisition synergies and integration opportunities;
- carve out issues and standalone cost structures;
- quality of assets and extent of judgemental/contingent liabilities;
- current and forecast working capital and capital expenditure requirements;
- most appropriate purchase price completion adjustment;
- quality of the audit/reliability of source data; and
- key deal issues and optimal negotiation and risk mitigation strategies.