Provides guidance and mentoring to business leaders and organisations seeking security leadership advice.
Jamie specialises in assisting organisations with their cybersecurity strategy, program development, governance, risk, and operations. He has over 20 years experience in managing security resilience for State and Federal Government agencies and commercial organisations.
Jamie is an established leader in the security field and former Chief Information and Security Officer (CSIO) with the Australian Taxation Office. He has been a member of the global CISM Certification Working Group for ISACA and co-chair of the Cyber Security Stakeholders Group (CSSG) with Chartered Accountants Australia and the CPA. He has been involved in several senior government committees on cyber resilience, including contributing to the Australian Cyber Security Strategy 2020 and the ASD IRAP and Cloud programs.
As an experienced CISO, Jamie regularly works with boards, executives, and security leaders to advocate the business case for better security, improve reporting and metrics, and refine organisational security strategy. Leveraging his real-word experience, Jamie offers guidance and mentoring to business leaders and organisations seeking security leadership advice.
He also regularly applies his security governance and risk expertise to help organisations gain better visibility of security risk and improve decision making, while also applying proven strategies to address regulatory compliance, such as with the ACSC Essential 8.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), ISACA
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), ISACA
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), ISACA
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), ISC2
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Bachelor of Information Technology, Australian National University
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Australian National University
- Leadership and Influence (Monash Business School)
- Platinum Member, ISACA
- Member, Australian Information Security Association (AISA)
- Top Secret (NV2) Security Clearance
- CISM Certification Global Working Group, ISACA
- Advisory Board, Avertro
- Advisory Board, Baidam
- Industry Advisor, Cyrise