Michael helps organisations prevent, detect and respond to sensitive and complex forensic matters such as fraud and misconduct, fraud risk management, commercial and contractual disputes, bribery and corruption issues. He regularly reports and presents to boards, executives, lawyers, regulators and law enforcement agencies.
Michael works across a range of industries including mining, oil and gas, construction, financial services, government, not-for-profit and indigenous sectors.
On a recent foreign bribery and corruption investigation, he worked with lawyers in Africa and Asia to conduct enquiries and provide information to regulators. He has also advised several clients on their approach to preventing bribery and corruption, as well as complying with relevant legislation such as the Australian Criminal Code, the US Foreign Policy Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act.
Michael is regularly instructed by clients and law firms involved in litigation to act as both an independent expert and consulting expert. This has included preparing a number of reports as an independent expert and recently attending an arbitration and giving evidence.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Master of Business, Major in Finance
- Bachelor of Business (Honours), Major in Accounting and Finance
- Member, CA ANZ
- Certificate IV – Government Investigation
- Certificate IV – Government Fraud Control
- Diploma of Government Fraud Control Prevention/Detection
- Diploma of Government Fraud Control Investigation
- Diploma of Business Valuation and Analysis at University of Queensland